The VICINITY IoT Platform is a free, open, and decentralized IoT platform. Compared to other IoT platforms, VICINITY
- permits interoperability across a broad range of devices from different domains by a vast set of adapter classes and ontologies that enable semantic interoperability.
- specifically addresses SME by its ease-of-use and availability from free to platform-as-a-service for very little cost.
- builds on a distributed architecture that yields scalable privacy and confidentiality of sensitive data, a highly reliable service, and fast, direct access to devices.
Who are we
The VICINITY IoT platform is a client/server system that establishes a peer-to-peer network between devices and value-added services. Device nodes from different domains and standards can use adapters to connect to VICINITY and publish semantically enriched data to “friends” and value-added services. For semantification, standardized ontologies are used. Value-added services are special nodes that aggregate data and implement a service. Special aggregation services permit, if desired, anonymization e.g. by homomorphic encryption.
Addressing target audiences and expressing needs
- Other Actors who can help us fulfil our market potential
- Research and Technology Organisations
- Academia/ Universities
- Private Investors
Our needs are
- Business partners – SMEs, Entrepreneurs, Large Corporations
- Incubators / Accelerators
- Marketing Mentoring or Coaching
- Financing Expertise
- Investor introductions
- Business plan development
- Business Angels
- Venture Capital
We specifically need / are looking for
The VICINITY IoT Platform has been deployed, evaluated and improved over several years in several use cases of different complexity.
Unique Value Proposition
The particular feature of VICINITY is that it is based on a distributed architecture. This allows us to
- Offer a simple, easy-to-use and yet robust and reliable solution whose limited cost is attractive for SME and projects with municipalities.
- Provide interoperability at a semantic layer via adapters to many devices from many domains.
- Keep the data under control of stakeholders that need it.
Our result has been made possible through