IMPORTANT NOTICE. Please note the following:
Submissions for the “Open Call #2” of the VICINITY project shall enrich the platform or its use cases by new services. We invite submissions from the following two categories:
(A) “Value added services” that provide additional services on top of the VICINITY platform.
(B) “Micro-services” that implement additional functionalities inside the VICINITY platform that can be used in various services.
Projects shall target at least one of the following issues (A.1) … (A.13) and/or (B1) … (B4)
Note the IDs of the suggested services tackled in the Applicant Form.
Suggested Services for VICINITY Open Call 2 Submissions
For value-added services, we expect proposals to strengthen the existing use-cases of VICINITY by co-creation and cooperation. These use cases focus on the domains of traffic management, building automation, eHealth and energy management. Projects can build on top of the existing VICINITY infrastructures, and/or bring in its own infrastructures.
- Solutions for the integration of smart parking with other transport related sectors.
- Smart integration of EV charging stations into smart parking solutions, including consideration of current status and technical information.
- Smart transaction and rental models for vehicles and parking space that consider access, need, ownership.
- Smart booking systems, e.g. integrating Outlook or other personal information managers.
Building automation services:
- Capturing the subjective experience of a room’s indoor climate and/or “cleanness” status on a specific time to plan climatization and cleaning.
- Using the occupation information of a room to plan climatization and cleaning.
- Integration BIM models with dynamic data from sensors; dynamic audit.
- Analysis of real-time data from e.g. fitness trackers or beacons in sports centers.
- Monitoring of medical treatment plans based on IoT equipment, e.g. drug dispenser, dash buttons.
- Detection of social difficulties of the elderly via IoT devices and psychological profiles.
Cross-domain services with energy (e.g. traffic + energy):
- Consideration of prediction of renewable energy production, e.g. with solar irradiance measurements in above services.
- Consideration of price signals from the energy market in above services.
- Analysis of energy savings, and of its impact, maybe in context with other data.
For Micro-services, projects implement one or more of the following services and demonstrate its application within an existing VICINITY use case or value-added service:
- Frameworks that provide incentive mechanisms or micro-payments, using e.g. smart contracts.
- Feedback, analytics, and/or visualization frameworks that permit a more vibrant user or operator experience in the VICINITY framework.
- Provision of information from personal information managers such as Outlook to other services.
- Integration and co-creation with social network platforms such as MyData or DIGIME.